Visceral Manipulation is a treatment approach developed by world renowned Physical Therapist and Osteopath, Jean-Pierre Barral. All of our organs are surrounded by multiple layers of connective tissue called fascia. During normal function, this fascia is mobile and allows for movement of the organs, and therefore the joints related to them.
“More than 90% of musculoskeletal problems have an important Visceral or Cranial component” – Jean-Pierre Barral
Restrictions in the fascia can develop from multiple causes. These can include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Sporting Injuries
- Infections and Illnesses
- Joint Mobility (due to the multiple connections between fascia of the organs and musculoskeletal system)
Jean-Pierre has developed a protocol for assessing and treating Visceral restrictions. Experience has shown that this area can be a missing link in the management of pain.
At Synergy Physio Co, your therapist is one of the few Physios trained in specific techniques to address the viscera (organs).
“Addressing a missing link in the Management of Chronic Pain”
- Back, Hip, Shoulder and Knee Pain
- Neural Pain (e.g. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Sciatica)
- Headaches and Migraines
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Digestive Disorders (e.g. Constipation, Acid Reflux)
- Some Incontinence Conditions
- Dysfunction related to Endometriosis
- Post Natal Pelvic Pain
- PLUS Many More Conditions…